Sorry I haven’t posted in a bit. Lots of projects and life happening at once. Here is a really hard case that I think turned out OK in the end. Patient had a very large edentulous space around #22 with the previous canine tipping distally. Suggested an implant and went to work.
#21 really kicks its apex to the mesial, but we do have a lot of bone.
Constructed CEREC Guide. As I have said in previous posts the worst thing you can do is cut the thermoplastic without the drill body inserted. So put the drill body in, then cut your hole. Used my last of the white Mach 2, Patterson now just carries the tan, which is fine as I don’t need the powder.
Placed my drill body and then cut my hole. Make sure its flush with the base.
Ok the keys are in in case you have not seen them. Just go to the IME shop at http://www.implantsmadeeasy.com/shop/ Also I have two sets of periotomes and 3 sets of implant instruments I need to put up, including the really cool grafting instruments. I have some punches but I need to go back to the daring board on those.
In the mouth everything seemed to be going OK. Tissue got a bit beat up in the extraction. Turns out the removing canines wasn’t as easy as I thought ;}
Here is the final placement with a Legacy 4. I was a little concerned with the spacing between 21 and the implant so I took a scan and we are lingual and at least 1.5mm away. Whew! Immediate temp and will wait 3 months.
Turns out the patient was tired of her lowers, so we removed the veneers which helped bit in the spacing.
My lab, Level 3 with Jack did a great job in InLab managing some tough spacing!
Final with screw retained emax. Not the most ideal case, but I think we managed to get the spacing right in the end.