Here is a case that did not turn out exactly how I wanted it, but still turned out OK. First, I told myself I would never do another immediate lower molar. Its too hard to get these teeth out especially if they are endo treated. But I had a patient ready to go and had an opening so I went for it. Took a scan in Galielos and in CEREC. Planned to drill through the furcation.
Case planning went well, enough tooth broken so I could plan the case with the roots in place rather than extracting and dealing with multiple root sockets
Drilled through the furcation to keep the drill nice and centered. Seemed to be going smooth. One thing I never like to do is remove the guide. If you keep it one place when you take the x-ray, you should get the same position throughout the case. But obviously I had to remove it as I needed to extract the tooth:
Placed the implant. You can see I drifted slightly distal. I was well centered when the roots were in though. It must have been due to the fact that I may not have seated my guide all the way. There were a lot of undercuts on this one. I really wanted to overfill this one with graft, so I did not do my little trick with the healing cap through the membrane. But in the end we should have a restorable implant.
The patient is back for her crown! I should have gotten her back and changed out the healing cap for a counter healer, but just got my handy dandy DEKA laser and removed the tissue for the scan post. I just love it when the screw access is right in the central pit, guided surgery rocks!
Tried in the Ti-base and the Emax in its purple state, worked out the occlusion. Love that Multi-Link Abutment so nice and opaque!
I’m not in love with my opaquing on this one. You can still see a gray hue. Used the multi-link abutment in the screw access and just did not wipe enough up on the sides. But I think overall we got a decent result and a nice retrievable crown!!