We have multiple types of classes regarding digital dentistry. If you want to see it listed as a CALENDAR, change “View As” to MONTH.
- This event has passed.
The Story of the Mouth
January 17 @ 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM$495
Please email us if you have any questions!
Telling the Story of the Mouth for a patient is best told through photography that is consistent, detailed, and fast. In this course we will discuss the efficient use of DSLR macrophotography. This method is intended to be accomplished quickly by the doctor or any team member. The sequence of the images and the final presentation of the images should be ready in just minutes so that the clinical team has the opportunity to effectively deliver the story of the patient’s mouth where it is easily understood. The methodology will not only be demonstrated, but practiced for speed of delivery of the images.
Bring your DSLR, MIRRORS, and RETRACTORS, if you have them. We have extras including Panasonic, Canon, and Nikon but let’s see what you have!
1. Discuss the latest technology in DSLR and mirrorless cameras.
2. Discuss the relevance of resolution and primary use: print or monitor display.
3. Review the importance of types of lighting from flashes to constant light exposure.
4. Use angles of light for the display of texture of teeth and restorations.
5. Establish a consistent sequence of images and protocol for efficiently taking a series of pictures.
6. Coordinate the assistant’s and the photographer’s responsibilities throughout the procedure.
7. Practice the techniques of macro photography and transferring images properly to a graphics software.
8. Take the series of pictures under time constraints with a goal of 3 minutes.
9. Crop, rotate, and position images into an order, or template, that looks clean and professional.
10. Discuss portrait photography as an adjunct to the intra oral images.
11. Use portrait images to achieve other shots of the teeth and smile for patient communication and before/after images.
CE: 7 hours
Fee: $995 per doctor, $125 per team member with doctor
9am – 4pm
Digital Enamel Education Center
8825 Bee Caves Road Suite D
Austin, TX 78746
If for any reason you need to reschedule 60 days or more prior to the start of the workshop, full refund will be granted. Rescheduling after 60 days and up to 30 days prior to the class date, will be subject to refund minus value of reservation deposit of $1150. No refund will be issued after 30 days prior to workshop scheduled.
Digital Enamel or the UTHSC San Antonio Office of Continuing Education cannot be held responsible for the cost of a nonrefundable airline ticket or flight change in the event of a course cancellation or the rescheduling of the program.
Upon registering in any continuing education activity, the participant agrees that the Digital Enamel and their affiliates, and all personnel associated with the program, are not responsible or liable for any injuries or other damages sustained by the attendee in connection with the scheduled activity, and the participant hereby releases each of them from any claims against them arising directly or indirectly from any such injury or damage.
The registered participant grants permission to Digital Enamel and UTHSC SA Office of Continuing Education (and its designees and agents) to utilize the participants image, likeness, actions and/or statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publicaiton, or reproduction made of, about, or at, the activity without further authorization or compensation.
Participants may not use video or audio recording devices during the course or scheduled event.
Registering for any continuing dental education activity constitutes acceptance of these terms.